Race Event Info
This race is great for first-time racers. Walkers are also welcome!
- Race: 5k or 10k
- Date: Saturday June 22, 2019
- Time: 7:30 AM
- Location: 768 Franklin Street in Dillard, GA
- Starting Line: In front of the Dillard House Restaurant
The goal for the Writers Who Run 10k & 5k Race For Literacy is to help promote worldwide literacy by focusing on a local region.
We donate books to Rabun County Schools and a portion of the race proceeds goes to Ferst Readers of Rabun County, GA.
Bring a few new or gently used books to donate to the cause. We will be collecting the books under the "Book Tree". Find out more about our Literacy Partners.
For the 2019 race, the course is mostly flat with a few hills. Check out the course map for more details. Average Temp: Low 64 – High 79. Two water stations will be set up to keep you hydrated.
Entry Fee Registration
- Early registration for 5k (thru April 30) $30
- Price increases for 5k on May 1 to $35
- Early registration for 10k (thru April 30) $40
- Price increases for 10k on May 1 to $45
- NO race-day registration.
- Friday, June 21, 2019 ~ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm at the conference center
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 ~ 6:30 am - 7:15 am at the race start
- Race Start 7:30 am
- Awards Ceremony 9:30 am
- All racers are expected to finish by 9:30 am
This race will be chip timed via velcro ankle straps and will be collected when crossing the finish line. All racers are expected to finish by 9:30 if you want your timing results posted. Awards will be presented in the following categories.
Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
- Top 3 Male Finishers Overall for 5k
- Top 3 Female Finishers Overall for 5k
- Top 3 Male Finishers Overall for 10k
- Top 3 Female Finishers Overall for 10k
- Top Male and Female Finishers in the following 8 age groups for both 5k and 10k:
- 5-11, 12-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65+
- Custom designed race T-shirt.
- T-shirts are 100% cotton.
- Unisex T-shirts available in small, medium, large, and extra large.
- First 50 registrants are guaranteed a T-shirt.
No refunds. In the event the race should be cancelled for any reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (e.g. inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made. Runners who want to cancel for any reason will not be given a refund.
Rules / Guidelines
For safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates, skateboards, or strollers. Race Director reserves the right to reject any entry or to remove any participant from the race course without explanation. When you register, you will be asked to sign the online waiver release form.